HISTORY OF THE CORPORATION
KSSIDC (then Mysore Small Industries Corporation) is rendering services to the small sector in the State for more than 50 years. It is both befitting and appropriate to look back over the years and trace some of the important events that took place during the period. With a moderate beginning by occupying a small rented building in the outskirts of Bengaluru, the Corporation moved to its own building in the Rajajinagar Industrial Estate. Until around 1960, the State Government’s efforts to encourage the development of small-scale industries were being pursued by the Department of Industries and Commerce as a part of the Department’s overall strategy for a comprehensive industrial development. From 1960, MSIC, later renamed as KSSIDC, took over the activities relating to the management and setting up of industrial estates and distribution of raw materials and started to give a new orientation to this aspect of development. The Corporation started with an initial share capital of Rs.10 lakhs, which were gradually stepped up. The State Government’s contribution to the equity of the Corporation during the first 10 years was Rs.20 lakhs. The paid up equity capital of the Company for the year ended as on 31st March 2015 is Rs.2602.36 Lakhs.
The Corporation started with the following as its Main Services :
- Establishment and Management of Industrial Estates.
- Procurement and distribution of raw materials.
- Assistance towards marketing.
- Dissemination of information by participating in the internal and international exhibitions.
- Supply of machinery under Hire Purchase Scheme.
- Providing Guidance to SSI Entrepreneurs.
- Providing Technical Library facilities.